Friday 1 February 2013

Concertina book ideas... where to start?

now because we have to make a concertina book, throughout the project i have been researching different types of books to try and give me a better idea on how mine could look. however i have so many different ideas its hard to work out what will be best suited. here is some of my research into them.
I have been browsing the internet for inspiration for my own book. here are a few images of the books that i have found most interesting and inspirational.
 



the above book documents a journey through the underground. i feel that an accordion book is well suited to this type of project because it shows a progression and leads to somewhere.


this book is more of a sketch book but the different fold and drawn over text make it very interesting.


this book has really interested my an has helped to give me an idea on how to bind my book. because i will be using seperate pieces of card i have been trying to work out the best way to tie them together. because i'm not sure if tape will look very good.


this image shows a concertina book but on a huge scale. it is of an exhibition size. gives me an idea on how else my book could be made if i had the resources. but for this project i feel that an A5 book will be better suited.


who says it has to be made of paper? this book is made from old tin lids. its a very creative idea and opens up lots of possibilities for my own book. i have been considering using different materials to make the book a bit more creative.

however from all the images i have looked at these are just a few that really caught my eye. i am going to be developing my book using the inspiration and knowledge i have gained from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment