Thursday 6 December 2012

Yesterday

So yesterday i went over the visit my mums mum to work on my project.

its safe to say it didn't go to plan, we ended up spending 5 hours in hospital with her instead.

shes perfectly fine just had a bit of a rough week and then managed to super glue her fingers together so she got into a bit of a state with it all. which is understandable.

However it was still a good day because i got to spend the day talking to her and learning even more out about her. Silly things like how shes always wanted to play the trumpet but her father wouldn't allow it because in those days ladies didn't play the trumpet.
its small things like this that i'm finding out that add to my knowledge of her and it is starting to create a more in depth view on her. now the hospital had to keep her in over night so while my mum went to grab an over night bag for my gran i was sat with her and went with her when they moved her to a different ward. i found it scary spending a day in the hospital i haven't been in one since my grandma (my dads mum) passed away when i was 12 so it brought back alot of memories.
while i was in the hospital i wanted to take photos of her so badly but it seemed almost rude. she looked unwell and sad. she had wires in her arms and was on a hospital bed in a small dark room. the photos would of said so much but i just couldn't bring myself to get the camera out my bag so photographically it wasnt a great day but from a documentary view point i got more substance to the project which at this point is just as important.

now i'm spending my whole Christmas break with her so my project can be worked on then, and over the Christmas period i am going to be looking to record what she says more than capturing imagery, this is because for this project i feel that the wording to go with it will be more powerful and will enhance the imagery so it needs to be just right. however i'm not entirely sure what i want the writing to be about yet so that will have to develop as i go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment